About M.J. Reider
The doors of M.J. Reider Associates open in 1952, by Dr. Malcolm J. Reider. Doc Reider, who received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from Columbia University in 1941, provides consulting services related to research and development in the fields of textile fibers, food products, water and industrial waste disposal.
Five years before the birth of the Clean Water Act, M.J. Reider starts servicing local townships and municipalities by routinely monitoring drinking water supplies.
Barbara Reider Coyle, Dr. M.J. Reider’s daughter, becomes President and Laboratory Director. Over the next ten years, Barbara and her siblings grow the company, taking it from eight employees up to thirty.
M.J. Reider goes digital with customized LIMS software, taking laboratory data management and customer service into the future!
The City of Reading honors M.J. Reider as it remains “proudly family run and has never wavered in its commitment to the environment, its employees, its clients, and its community…while working to improve the quality of life for all citizens of the City of Reading.”